Tuesday 26 February 2013

World ended: But I’m still living



They said, “Coming 2012, the world’s going to shut down.”
Earthquakes, Hurricanes, Volcanoes, Tsunami
Every possible disaster will embrace the world
Taking out every single breath, our bodies will be left numb
Some paid heed to it, while some laughed it off
Some prayed, prayed hard, while others enjoyed
Because, they have just few days in hand
I kept wondering with several questions wandering in my head
“Why is the world ending?”
“Is the almighty so pissed off on us?”
“But father never leaves his children to die, isn’t it?”
“How can the world end?”
“Will all the humans die?” I mean for real
“Who will end it?”
“Someone whom no one has ever seen?”
And the day arrived
There was nothing new about it
Sun rose from the east as usual
People didn’t bother about what’s going to happen
Maybe they were too busy making a living
Or did the sight of annihilation, get flushed out of their psyche?
The day ended, but not actually
I guess the calculations went wrong
Or maybe the Yamraj had gone on strike
Or was he sent to some other planet to pick up the consignment?
Nevertheless I had a great day at work, nothing new to talk about
Besides, everyone discussing about world
At least for once
Sleep summoned me as the clock ticked 12
And there I was in my bed
Dreaming again
About everything but not the end

No comments:

Post a Comment